If you have flaws in your smile, our dentist may recommend dental veneers to help correct them. In just two simple appointments, Dr. Jackson A. Bean can help improve the visual appearance of your smile. To learn more about dental veneers in Greenville, Texas, or schedule a visit with us at Complete Dental Care, contact us today at 903-568-3732.
Dental Veneer Overview with Complete Care Dental:
Dental veneers are one of the very easiest and versatile procedures to improve your smile permanently. They are very thin restorations, typically made of porcelain or resin, that are bonded to the front of your teeth to enhance the beauty of your smile. Our dentist may recommend dental veneers to correct several types of smile imperfections. Porcelain veneers are an excellent choice for enhancing your smile because the color and translucence of porcelain is a great match for the natural appearance of tooth enamel. Porcelain is stain resistant as well, so your smile will stay bright for years to come. Resin veneers can also be matched to your natural tooth color. With dental veneers, you can achieve a beautiful, natural-looking smile that you will love to show off.
Reasons why Greenville clients choose veneers:
Our Greenville dentist may recommend dental veneers if you would like to improve the appearance of your smile. Other procedures do not always take care of your cosmetic concerns. Custom-made veneers can be used for just one tooth or for your entire smile. We may suggest veneers to:
- Close large spaces and gaps between teeth
- Whiten teeth that are severely stained or discolored
- Improve the appearance of irregularly shaped teeth
- Correct slightly crooked teeth
- Restore teeth that are broken, chipped, worn or fractured
- Improve your confidence and self-esteem
Dental Veneer Process:
The dental veneer placement process at Complete Care Dental may include removing a small amount of enamel, depending on the type of veneer. Enamel is the protective outer layer of the tooth. A mold of your teeth is then taken and sent off to be created. Once the veneer is placed, it is permanent. They cannot be removed. This makes them a great long-term solution to bothersome cosmetic concerns. Specifically, those who don’t want other dental treatments that are more repetitive or take longer. Treatments such as teeth whitening, braces or retainers.
Type of Veneers:
Resin-based composite veneers:
- You may have a follow up appointment after your veneers have been placed. This helps ensure that the veneer has not moved and isn’t causing any pain.
- You do no need to avoid certain foods or beverages after your placement.
- However, depending on the veneer type, staining is possible. You may want to avoid beverages that are known to cause staining: coffee, tea, red wine, etc.
- Foods that would be go to avoid after placement: excessive sugar, hard foods, tough foods or chewy foods.
- Other things you may want to avoid:
- Biting hard objects / nails
- Using a mouthguard
- Grinding your teeth
- Opening items with your teeth
- You may have some soreness and/or tooth sensitivity from the bonding cement, these are completely normal.
- You can still develop cavities with veneers, make sure that you are keeping up with oral hygiene.
Summary - What you need to know about veneers:
Arts, R. D. (2021, July 20). Dental Veneers: 4 Types (Pros and Cons). Rinaldi Dental Arts. https://www.rinaldidentalarts.com/2021/07/13/dental-veneers-4-types-pros-and-cons/
Arts, W. D. (2019, April 22). 10 Things to Know Before Choosing Porcelain Veneers. Whiting Dental Arts Swampscott Massachusetts. https://whitingdentalarts.com/blog/10-things-to-know-before-choosing-porcelain-veneers/
Aubert, E. (2019, March 11). Everything You Need to Know Before Getting Veneers. Forest Park Dental. https://forestparkdental.com/everything-you-need-to-know-before-getting-veneers/
Fletcher, J. (2020, May 29). What to know about dental veneers. Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/dental-veneers#summary
Gotter, A. (2021, December 17). What to Know Before You Get Dental Veneers. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/dental-veneers#preparation
Important Things to Know Before Getting Dental Veneers. (2021, July 7). Media Center Dental. https://www.mediacenterdental.com/blog/important-things-to-know-before-getting-dental-veneers/
Tips From a Cosmetic Dentist: 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting Veneers. (n.d.). ART Dentistry. https://artdentistrync.com/blog/tips-from-a-cosmetic-dentist-5-things-you-should-know-before-getting-veneers/
Westerville Dental Associates. (2021, June 8). Dental Veneers: Pros and Cons. https://www.westervilledental.com/dental-veneers-pros-and-cons/